Monday, February 10, 2014

Mizzou made Michael Sam gay

According to the New York Times:

Mr. Sam said he began to wonder if he was gay in his early teens, though he had a girlfriend in high school. It was after he arrived at Missouri in 2009 that he realized for certain that he was gay.

That’s more girlfriends than I had in high school. Could I be gayer than Michael Sam? Maybe I’m just a late bloomer.

ESPN reports:

Raised in the small town of Hitchcock, Texas, Sam said he grew up uncertain about what his sexual orientation was.

“I knew from a young age that I was attracted to guys,” he said, “I didn’t know if it was a phase ... I didn’t want to say, ‘Hey, I might be gay. I might be bi.’ I just didn’t know ... I wanted to find who I was and make sure I knew what was comfortable. So I didn’t tell anyone growing up.”

Sam’s sexuality magically stopped evolving when he moved to Columbia, Missouri, stopping short of taking on truly offensive forms like sadomasochism or pederasty. Right? We don’t know. Sam doesn’t go into the details of what falls in the zones of “comfortable” and “uncomfortable.” Surely, though, society would provide correction if his sexuality manifested itself in harmful ways in college. Or would it?

“I’m coming out because I want to own my truth. I’m comfortable [with] who I am,” Sam says. The powers like to think the story of Sam coming out is about them leading the charge for conformist society’s acceptance of outsider behavior. The highest virtue, in their opinion, is acceptance of the Marxist Other, to deny the values upon which civilization is built and a culture of independence, self-sufficiency, and community is maintained.

It is all self-congratulatory back patting. They are no more accepting than the purported racists and bigots from whom they inherited a proud and sensible country. They only have redefined the terms of conformity. Child molestation they still scorn (unless you’re a pioneer in the Kulturkampf), sexual license they scratch into the margins of the First Amendment, and marital fidelity they replace with hedonism in the patchwork quilt of what makes America great.

But in their excited rush to make the handsome Mizzou alum the face of the gay mafia’s agenda, their true intentions remain behind a shroud. While Sam comes out about his homosexuality, big media remain in the closet on the moral corruption they’re pushing. These lengthy, genuflecting coming-out interviews don’t go near the crux of the matter: What does “gay” mean? If you didn’t know what gay means before, you still wouldn’t know after watching the ESPN interview with Michael Sam.

To be gay is to be attracted to the same sex. Stop right there. Doesn’t this pose a problem for a man who shares a locker room with 50 men? Are we to go against every rational bone in our body and say, “Sure, lots of pro athletes are deadbeats, but the gay ones are saints”?

Now take sexual license and hedonism as the new cultural cornerstones. Over the last 50 years, a civil religion has been built up to ignore and refute the devastating consequences of these changes. Liberals cloak their support of this regime in euphemism and talk of “rights.” Their premises are the same as they were in 1963.

No comments:

Post a Comment